Fill your garden with fragrance!
Plants of the moment: Scented plants
Create arrangement or displays in your garden using any selection of fragrant plants and flowers. Also, include cut flowers and houseplants to bring fragrance indoors.
Here’s a few scented plant suggestions:
- Lavender* & butterfly lavender*
- Fragrant roses
- Mock orange – Philadelphus vars e.g. ‘Belle Etoile’ AGM
- Daphne x transatlantica eternal fragrance AGM
- Escallonia ‘Iveyi’ AGM Abelia x grandiflora
- Lilac – later flowering syringa varieties
- Aromatic herbs e.g. rosemary*, sage, thyme, lemon verbena, oregano.
- Perennials like salvia ‘Carradonna’, phlox divaricate ‘Clouds of Perfume’ and varieties of Verbasum.
- Scented paeonies
- Verbena rigida
Breathe in and enjoy!